All Santosha Chocolate is:
- Stoneground from all Paleo, Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan ingredients
- Crafted with the finest, fair-trade, organic, raw cacao beans. These heirloom-variety cacao beans from Peru make up less than 5% of the world’s cacao production. Our process preserves the living enzymes and other micronutrients of the raw cacao, one of natures most powerful, nutritious, and rejuvenating foods.
- Sweetened with organic, low-glycemic coconut palm sugar: a delicious and sustainable sweetener that is safe for most diabetics.
- Wrapped by hand with love in environmentally friendly packaging that is made from recycled materials and printed with vegetable-based inks and feature original artwork
- Made with wild-harvested healing herbs, spices and superfoods inspired by traditional medicines from around the world
- Allergen-friendly, Paleo, Vegan, Non-GMO, Low-Glycemic, Free of soy, nuts, dairy, gluten, emulsifiers, fillers, cacao butter, and animal products
When organic raw cacao beans arrive at Santosha Chocolate, they are hand-sorted, dehydrated at 115 degrees Fahrenheit, and winnowed to remove the bitter hulls. We then stone-grind the raw organic cacao for 48 hours at low speeds and temperature (below 115 degrees). This rigorous process ensures that our raw chocolate has abundant rich, complex and pleasurable flavors, and has superior nutritional properties. After stone-grinding the raw cacao, we add the herbs, fruits and/or spices, properly temper the raw chocolate, carefully pour it in molds, and wrap each Santosha chocolate bar by hand.